The Baptism programme prepares parents and godparents:
1. to value the Sacrament of Baptism as the welcome and initiation of their child into the life of Christ within the Catholic community of St. Jude at a local level, and the universal church at a wider level, and to reflect and consider the implications of their decision
2. to have an opportunity to reflect on, express and grow in their own faith
3. to be provided with an opportunity to meet and interact with other families preparing for Baptism
4. to come into contact with the parish community at Sunday Eucharist and through the Preparation Team
Parents seeking to have an infant baptized are asked to give six (6) weeks notice and make the appropriate booking at the Parish Office.
The parish secretary will provide all the necessary details.
Parents who want a child baptized at St. Jude’s and who live outside St. Jude’s parish, must obtain written permission from the parish priest of the parish in which they live.
· parents are required to attend one (1) preparation session of approximately one hour and a half hours in the Church
· the ‘Rites of Reception and Election’ are celebrated during the Sunday Eucharist on a Sunday prior to the baptism
Baptisms are normally celebrated on the first and third Sunday of the month at 11.30 a.m., or, if the family celebrates regularly, at one of the Sunday Eucharists